You should apply for disability benefits for several reasons. If you are found disabled:
- you will be eligible for Medicare health insurance or Medicaid depending on the type of Social Security benefit
- you may receive cost of living increases each year to your monthly disability benefit
- you may benefit from tax advantages or receive your benefits tax-free
- you may protect any future Social Security benefits (Retirement or Survivors benefits if eligible)
- you may be eligible for work incentives or vocational rehabilitation programs to assist you in returning to work
- your spouse or children may be eligible for benefits on your record.
Call Kassin & Carrow, LLC today to see what disability benefits you may be qualified to receive.